Youth Wellness Leader Training at Wexford
Wexford has been running a Wellness Leader Training program for a selected group of students in the school. This is a train your trainer program with a total of 5 modules training students in tools and strategies rooted in Mindfulness, Emotional Intelligence, Self-worth, Conscious choice making and Building resilience. Students will be trained in what it means to be a leader and taught skills and practices that will help them become an ambassador of wellness within and outside of the classroom.
Our main focus is on addressing the 5 major challenges that we see youth face consistently on a daily basis. These include:
1. Being consistently present or focus
2. Emotional intelligence: Lack of understanding of emotion and how to express it in healthy ways
3. Having self-confidence: Self-worth, Self-identity, Self-esteem, and Self-love
4. Awareness of how to make conscious choices (good decision making)
5. Lack of ability to manage and overcome feelings of Stress, Overwhelm, and Anxiety
PARENT PRESENTATION – MARCH 26TH 7 P.M. WEXFORD AUDITORIUM
Carine Sroujian: Carine empowers individuals to break through their beliefs and fears to connect to their true purpose and help them build strong, open, and loving relationships between themselves and those they love. As a RYT Yoga Teacher and Kids’ Yoga Teacher, a Theta Healer®, and an intuitive life coach, she uses her own story and experiences as a mother to share tools and strategies on mindfulness, self-worth/self-care, and conscious communication within the family.
Topics that will be covered in the Parent Presentation:
· Dealing with conflict
· Communication and understanding
· Increasing empathy and support while maintaining expectations
· Keeping compassion in the face of household stress
· Dealing with compassion fatigue
The workshop will conclude with a Q&A session.
PLEASE JOIN US IN SUPPORTING STUDENT HEALTH AND WELL BEING!!!!