What: Black History Month Assembly
When: Wednesday, February 20th 2019. It will be an Assembly Day Schedule.
Details: The Assembly will be depicting African/Canadian cultural history examining the Pre- Colonial era to the Present. This will be done through a rich selection of music, songs, dances, poetry, spoken word pieces etc.
Nicole Sutton was a French and English teacher at Wexford Collegiate School for the Arts. Her family has set up a scholarship in her memory.
Nicole Sutton Academic Achievement Scholarship
Who is eligible?
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Enrolled as a full-time senior student in secondary school, or currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution
- No older than 25 years of age
-Recognized contribution to community
-Demonstrable financial need
-Letters of recommendation
1. Copy of official transcripts from secondary school and post-secondary school (if applicable)
2. Copy of your resume
3. Statement of financial need. No longer than 1 page.
4. Personal statement detailing career goals and how this scholarship will help. No longer than 1 page.
5. Two letters of recommendation from either a community leader, mentor, teacher/professor, who is not a family member/relative.
-Scholarship applications, including all supporting documents, are due by March 8th, 2019.
-Final decision on successful applicant(s) will be sent out in March 2019.
-Recipient(s) will be formally recognized at the annual Nicole Sutton Education Achievement Dinner , March 23rd, 2019.
Submit application to Daniel Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students should have their OSSLT prep booklets now and all students eligible to write the OSSLT on March 27 are encouraged to attend the After School Literacy Classes. Four sections are running - Monday/Wednesday in 204 / Library and Tuesday/Thursday in Room 205 / Library. There are spaces (and snacks!) available.
Ms. Reid, our ACL of Library, Literacy and French, has created a series of videos on her YouTube channel relating to the OSSLT. Students can watch, pause, and respond as the videos match the OSSLT prep booklets.
Note that exams are from January 23 to January 30. There is a PA Day on January 31.
February 1 is a turn-around day with Semester 1 classes in the morning and Semester 2 classes in the afternoon.
Semester 1 Day 2
Per. 1 8:50 – 9:25 a.m.
Per. 2 9:30 – 10:10 a.m.
Per. 3 10:15 – 10:50 a.m.
Per. 4 10:55 – 11:30 a.m.
Semester 2 Day 2
Per. 1 12:30 – 1:05 p.m.
Per. 2 1:10 – 1:45 p.m.
Per. 3 1:50 – 2:25 p.m.
Per. 4 2:30 – 3:05 p.m.