The winter edition of the Wexford student-run newspaper is here! Brought to you by Ms. Reid and the Grade 12 EWC4U1 Writer's Craft classes.
What is the PLAR Challenge Process?
- The PLAR Challenge Process is a process whereby active TDSB secondary or Continuing Education students may obtain credits toward the Ontario Secondary School Diploma for knowledge and skills that they have acquired outside of the classroom.
- Students may “challenge” and earn a maximum of four credits for prior learning, including a maximum of two credits in any one discipline.
- Students' prior learning is assessed and evaluated to determine whether they have met the provincial curriculum expectations in a specific course.
Key dates in the 2017-2018 PLAR challenge process:
- Monday, February 5, 2018 - Orientation session for all potential applicants, parents, and community.
- Thursday, February 6, 2018 - PLAR Challenge applications available in secondary school Guidance Offices from this date.
- Friday, March 9, 2018 - Applications, with appropriate documentation, must be submitted by 4:00 pm to the school Guidance Office.