Academic Resource Centre
The following are some of the services you may be entitled to
Please refer to your Individual Education Plan for further clarification. If you have questions, please contact us.
Access to the Resource Room During Class
- After the lesson you have access to theResource Room to work in an alternative setting, to clarify any questions or use a computer.
- Notify your teacher after the lesson.
- Sign in once you arrive at the Resource Room.
Access to Technology
Students have access to a scanner and several computers equipped with assistive technology.
Black and white printing is free; colour printing is 30¢
- Notify your teacher at least 2 days before the due date.
- Any class time provided for your assignment must be well used to have an extension granted.
- One page (8 ½ x 11) double sided
- Must be approved and initialed by your subject teacher
- Reference sheets needed for exams
- MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE LAST DAY OF CLASSES
Extra Time for Assessments
Notify a resource staff memberof the date, teacher’s name and period of theassessment
Report directly to the Resource Room
Extra Support Opportunities
Receive extra support. Come to the Resource Room...
7:50 – 8:45
every day at lunch
3:05 – 3:35
or by appointment
On the Day of theAssessment
On the day of your assessment, use the schedule below as a guide to assist with the appropriate planning that you will need to do to access your extra time.
If your assessment is in...
Period 1 – you need to arrive at 8:00 am
Period 2 – regular time; you will write into lunch if necessary
Period 3 – you need to arrive at 12:00 pm
Period 4 – regular time; you stay after school if necessary
Extra Time for Exams
- You’re responsible for signing yourself up for extra time and/or securing a computer
- Deadline to sign up: the Friday prior to the last 2 weeks of classes
Role of the Academic Resource Teacher
- advocate for you
- self advocacy coaching
- monitor academic progress
- offer academic assistance
- available for social/emotionalsupport
- individual consultation with the student as needed
- assist with course selection