Academic Resource Centre
The following are some of the services you may be entitled to:
Please refer to your Individual Education Plan for further clarification. If you have questions, please contact us.
Access to the Resource Room During Class
- After the lesson you have access to theResource Room to work in an alternative setting, to clarify any questions or use a computer.
- Notify your teacher after the lesson.
- Sign in once you arrive at the Resource Room.
Access to Technology
Students have access to a scanner and several computers equipped with assistive technology.
Black and white printing is free; colour printing is 30¢
- Notify your teacher at least 2 days before the due date.
- Any class time provided for your assignment must be well used to have an extension granted.
- One page (8 ½ x 11) double sided
- Must be approved and initialed by your subject teacher
- Reference sheets needed for exams
- MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE LAST DAY OF CLASSES
Extra Time for Assessments
Notify a resource staff memberof the date, teacher’s name and period of theassessment
Report directly to the Resource Room
Extra Support Opportunities
Receive extra support. Come to the Resource Room...
7:50 – 8:45
every day at lunch
3:05 – 3:35
or by appointment
On the Day of the Assessment
On the day of your assessment, use the schedule below as a guide to assist with the appropriate planning that you will need to do to access your extra time.
If your assessment is in...
Period 1 – you need to arrive at 8:00 am
Period 2 – regular time; you will write into lunch if necessary
Period 3 – you need to arrive at 12:00 pm
Period 4 – regular time; you stay after school if necessary
Extra Time for Exams
- You’re responsible for signing yourself up for extra time and/or securing a computer
- Deadline to sign up: the Friday prior to the last 2 weeks of classes
Role of the Academic Resource Teacher
- advocate for you
- self advocacy coaching
- monitor academic progress
- offer academic assistance
- available for social/emotionalsupport
- individual consultation with the student as needed
- assist with course selection